From the Newsroom

By The Dartmouth Web Staff | 5/10/13 7:00am

Nixon Grandson Recreates President's China Trip, but What Is His Wife Wearing? — Matt Schiavenza, The Atlantic
President Richard Nixon's grandson Christopher Nixon Cox visited China 41 years after his grandfather's historical visit. "In the spirit of historical accuracy, Cox and his 23-year old wife, billionaire supermarket heiress Andrea Catsimatidis, chose to match the precise itinerary of the journey, visiting such sites as The Forbidden City and The Great Wall." However, Cox's wife caused minor scandal in the Chinese social media with her revealing wardrobe.

-Dennis Ng, Photo Editor

Rapid Ramen Cooker
Ever struggled with cooking ramen and trying to fit uncook ramen into the largest bowl you own? The Rapid Ramen Cooker claims to be "World's fastest and easiest way to make ramen noodle". The Rapid Ramen Cooker only requires one cup of water to cook and cuts the cooking time in half compared to using a microwave .

-Samuel Rauschenfels, Sports Editor

Network TV Is Broken. So How Does Shonda Rhimes Keep Making Hits?—Willa Paskin, The New York Times

Shonda Rhimes, described as "the most powerful African-American female show runner in television", created yet another hit television show "Scandal", which is based very loosely on the life ofWashington crisis manager Judy Smith. Rhimes shares with Paskin her life prior to becoming a screenwriter, how she became a screenwriter after her involvement with "Grey's Anatomy" and her thoughts about "Scandal".

-Felicia Schwartz, Executive Editor

This Ad Has a Secret Anti-Abuse Message That Only Kids Can See—Andrew Liszewski, Gizmodo

In an effort to provide abused children with a safe way to reach out for help, a Spanish organization called the Aid to Children and Adolescents at Risk Foundation, or ANAR for short, created an ad thatdisplays a different messagefor adults and children at the same time. The ad's lenticular top layer shows different images at varying angles, "when an adult—or anyone taller than four feet, five inches—looks at it they only see the image of a sad child and the message" on the poster, but when a child reads the ad, they could also see the message "if somebody hurts you, phone us and we’ll help you" along with thefondation's phone number.

Trendlet: Food-Inspired Furnishing— Rachel Swaby, Core 77

"We're talking about food now more than ever—so much so that food-centered innovation isn't just taking place in the kitchen anymore."Swaby introduces readers to furniture inspired by pasta, chocolate, snowberries and even tacos.

-Winnie Yoe, Dartbeat Editor

The Dartmouth Web Staff