Editors' Note

This week, your editors come to you live from the land of rush: where the preferences are made up and the conversation topics don’t matter. Frazzled, the three realized that they were not the only ones engaged in this process — nearly all of their writers couldn’t take stories! Inspired by their own failure to launch, the editors decided on Space as a theme, both because it’s what they gaze at when they scream into the night and in honor of what they struggle to fill.

So long as we have space to fill, here are some facts about each of your editors: Annette can recite the names of all the presidents in under 12 seconds. Lauren can subsist off cheese alone. May wore an eyepatch for a brief period of her life. We don’t know what you’ll do with this information, but chances are, if you pass one of us on the Green, it’ll pop into your mind — taking up a bit of space that wasn’t there before.

In this issue, we explore the book arts workshop (making literal spaces between letters and words), imaginary spaces (as outlined in a class by professor Alexander Chee) and take a look into the concept of safe spaces. Enjoy!