Quick Hits: Recent alumni success

Crema signs with ECHL team

On July 31, Troy Crema ’17 inked a one-year with the Orlando Solar Bears, a Toronto Maple Leafs affiliate which plays in the ECHL. This is Crema’s second stint with a professional team after a two-game stretch with the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League. Crema goes to Orlando fresh off his best college season, in which he lead the team with 29 points and five game-winning goals.

Orimolade back on Rams roster

Big Green defensive standout Folarin Orimolade ’17 was re-signed by the Los Angeles Rams on July 27. The 2016 Ivy League Defensive Player of the Year was signed by the Rams as an undrafted free agent in late April and attended rookie minicamp. After being waived on May 16 to make way for backup center Austin Blythe, Orimolade was picked up again most recently along with a trio of other players.

Canada defeats All-American squad featuring Big Green ruggers

Canada’s under-20 women’s rugby team defeated its American counterpart 45-24 in the first match of the two-match Can-Am Series, running in seven tries to the Americans’ four. Big Green women’s rugby team members Milla Anderson ’19, Kat Ramage ’19, Becca Jane Rosko ’20 and Lilly Durbin ’21 are part of the team representing the United States, and Dartmouth’s head coach Katie Dowty is an assistant coach.

Teevens tosses first pitch at Fenway

After a long wait, football head coach Buddy Teevens threw out the ceremonial first pitch at Fenway Park Monday night. Teevens had been originally scheduled to throw out the first pitch at the April 25 Red Sox-Yankees game, but the game was posponed due to inclement weather. This time, 37,169 fans were on hand to watch the Red Sox as they downed the Cleveland Indians 6-2.

Teevens was present to promote the Fenway Gridiron Series, a series of three college football tilts which will be held at the historic park this fall. Dartmouth will travel to Fenway to play Brown University on Friday, Nov. 10, the penultimate game in its 2017 season.