Post-election discussions and events to be held on campus

In the wake of Tuesday’s election results, several groups on campus have organized events for community members to gather, discuss and reflect. Dartmouth staff, faculty and administrators have also responded by offering additional services.

The Office of Student Life and the Collis Center are co-sponsoring a lunch and community gathering today in Collis Commonground from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. today.

The Undergraduate Dean’s Office expanded its staffing during its drop-in hours yesterday. Students were encouraged to use undergraduate deans as a general campus resource.

The Center for Gender and Student Engagement — located in the Choates — remained open until 7 p.m. yesterday for any students who wanted a place to debrief or receive emotional support.

The Dartmouth Center for Service and the Tucker Center hosted a pizza dinner and informal discussion yesterday evening.

House communities are open to students for reflection. Yesterday, School and Allen House residents had a de-stress session, where they learned mindfulness techniques held in House Center B. In addition, School House professor Craig Sutton held a discussion on “The Day After: Evaluating the Election” at his home on 7 School Street. The discussion was co-sponsored by the Tucker Center.

Rollins Chapel was open yesterday at 1 p.m. as a place for reflection and prayer.

The Tabard stayed open yesterday from 6 p.m. to midnight. The house welcomed community members who felt affected by the election and offered an opportunity to have conversations and play with dogs.

Cutter Shabazz held a post-election discussion and community healing for two hours last night, which was co-hosted by Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority, Dartmouth’s chapter of the NAACP, Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity, La Alianza Latina, Afro-American Society, Native Americans at Dartmouth, Asian-American Students for Action and the Dartmouth Coalition for Immigration Reform, Equality and DREAMers.