Editor's Note

My senior year of high school, I spent many class periods (in the lull after AP exams) on College Confidential for information about life at Dartmouth. But what I was asking for had no answer: I wanted to know exactly who I would become and what experiences Iwould have.

The scary, but also liberating, truth is that no one can answer that question but you *cue inspirational music. When I stepped foot on Hanover soil for the first time (for Trips), I thought that I would be on a straight path to Wall Street by sophomore year, own a Blackberry, check stock prices during lunches and spend my free time mingling with the Econ department. But as I now reflect back on my last two years between games of 2048 on my iPhone, lazily wondering, on this beautiful summer day, when I’m going to start my homework, I recall that I’m not the same person I was freshman year. I hope that this issue gives you a taste of what’s to come: a whole lot of uncertainty, self-questioning and highs and lows. Make sure that you treat your next four years with the excitement and eagerness that it deserves.

Read the Freshmen Issue Mirror here:

Packing List

A Blitz by Any Other Name: Dartmouth Lingo

Your DOC Trips Guide

Where to Study on Campus

Getting Outside: Where to Go

An Ode to FoCo

A Guide to Greek Life

Looking Back