Editors’ Note: Freshmen Issue

We’re so excited that in a few short weeks, you will be coming to Dartmouth!

While there is going to be tons of advice for your new life at the College in this issue, we have a few pieces of our own. First, don’t be that kid who wears your lanyard everywhere. Second, college is not high school. Now is your chance to become a new person and do that thing that always terrified you. Always wanted to try your hand at a capella? Go for it. Third, everyone at Dartmouth, from your roommate to your Writing 5 professor to the kid who has the table next to you in the library has something to teach you. Take advantage of that. There is so much to learn at the College outside of classes if you keep an open mind. Fourth, don’t worry if you don’t meet your best friends on the very first day. You will definitely find people who you click with, the people who will shape some of the best adventures of your life. Just give it a little bit of time. Finally, remember to pack warm socks. Being stuck with wet feet in the middle of February when you have to sprint to class is not fun.

We wish you the best of luck and hope that you’ll enjoy this issue and all the information inside.