Editors' Note

Your freshman year, Charlie Sheen was going on a “winning” streak, “Tik Tok” was playing on repeat across campus, the iPad had just debuted and the word YOLO hadn’t yet been coined. Three years later, popular culture isn’t the only thing that’s changed. You’ve taken classes you never thought you would take, befriended classmates you never thought you would meet and learned a little bit about yourself along the way. And now, finally, you’ve made it to graduation. Look around for a moment and take it in: the black caps and gowns, the green and white folded chairs, the lone pine on the stage. Take a deep breath.

In editing this issue, we’ve spent a lot of time talking about your last four years. We’ve gone over the highs and the lows and talked to hundreds of students and faculty about your time at the College, trying to capture something about what it means to be a ’14. But we’ve also tried to take the time to look around, even if that just means peeking out of our second story Robinson Hall window to watch chairs fill the Green. Like pop culture trends, your time at the College might feel like it’s here today and gone tomorrow. But if you take a moment to look around, we hope you just might find that the memories you’ve made here — and the friends you’ve found — could last a little bit longer.

To the Class of 2014: Our memories of our time here wouldn’t be the same without you. Thank you for your humor, your support, your courage and your brilliance.

Congratulations.