Beyond the Bubble: Punk Scene

Johnny Rotten called and he wants his shirt back. Punk is making a comeback in a way you never thought it would. On May 9, the Costume Institute opens a new exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art called "Punk: Chaos to Couture." The New York Times called it "a blend of high and low culture, anarchic street style metamorphosed into impossibly chic fashion." Curated by Andrew Bolton, it examines the impact of punk on high fashion in the 1970s and traces it to modern day. The May issue of Vogue includes high-gloss images of several Met galleries' garb.

A limited edition book will turn iconic photographer Sheila Rock's photographs of the early punk scene into an accessible entity. "Punk+" is available now for purchase. Several of Rock's photographs are featured in "Punk: Chaos to Couture."

Though not punk in the sense of the Clash or the Sex Pistols, Daft Punk has been breaking records with their single "Get Lucky." The song was the most streamed song in a 24-hour period in the United States and the United Kingdom. A full album, titled "Random Access Memories," will be released on May 20. British DJ and producer Fatboy Slim raved about the album, saying the band has socked one to current electronic artists and given them a "kick up the arse."