Moderately Good Advice with Gardner and Kate

My boyfriend of two months just asked me if I wanted to be "exclusive." What's the right way to respond to that?

Perplexed Patricia '14

Dear Gardner,

I'm dating this awesome '14. Almost every night that I go out, I go to his house, play pong and then sleep over. We get Dirt Cowboy some mornings too. This means we're dating, right?

Fiona Freshman '16

Dear Kate,Even though we technically first hooked up over a year ago, my friend and I have never really discussed our feelings for each other. Can I somehow avoid the "define the relationship" talk?

Conversationally-Challenged Charles '15

Gardner and Kate: We're going to be honest: these questions are all kind of embarrassing. Especially Patricia's, which is the more troubling converse of the recent question, "Someone I wasn't dating just broke up with me." Instead of making fun of each of you individually, we'll address your questions as symptoms of a more widespread problem on campus: gray areas in relationships.
We see that a lack of communication in relationships plagues "couples" across campus, creating the aforementioned gray areas. Healthy relationships should not have this problem and should not suffer from this crippling ambiguity. To answer all of your questions and eliminate the chance that these silly conversations about feelings and intentions ruin perfectly good relationships, we have created an "Are you Dating?" quiz. This completely replaces communication, which it seems many of you have done away with already. Simply check the boxes that hold true for your relationship and then determine whether or not you are dating using the [rubric!] (http://issuu.com/thednewspaper/docs/3.29.13mirror)