And Then I Woke Up!

Dreams. Sometimes they're weird and sometimes they're surprisingly normal, but whatever you dream, it most likely reveals something interesting about you.

Perhaps it's due to the cold air or lingering effects of Keystone, but Dartmouth students have some particularly strange dreams. Here's a sampling of such dreams and interpretation of what they mean (highly scientific and accurate, of course):

Hungry for More?"I was in the interview process of The Hunger Games,' so I was one of the contestants...and [the host] was asking me how I was going to win." Casidhe-Nicole Bethancourt '16Interpretation: According to dreammoods.com, dreaming about an interview could mean that you have anxiety about being judged by others. But based on the fact that this was a "Hunger Games" interview, maybe the subject was simply hungry. Maybe she'sbeen longing for a competitive outlet. Or there's that pretty common fear of being in a fight to the death. 'Til Death Do Us Part"I was at this big wedding, and I knew there were these seven guys who were going to kill everyone. I was warning everyone and no one believed me. Then the wedding happened and they tried to kill everyone and I woke up out of breath at 5 a.m." Caren Duane '15Interpretation: Dreaming about a wedding can mean that one is going through a transition in life, but add in people trying to kill the guests and what sounds like it'd be a good dream becomes a nightmare. Perhaps the fact that no one is listening suggests a desire to be heard. But it could also be that the subject had a bad experience as a flower girl and thus is afraid of weddings.

Let Them Eat Cake"[My friend] was talking about birthday cake that day and so I dreamt about it that night." Lauren Buchanan '16Interpretation: Dreaming about cake means that you need to learn to manage your workload, or that you have a satisfaction with your accomplishments. That's some hefty symbolism for a simple dessert, even one as essential as cake. In this case and in my non-expert opinion I think the subject just wanted to eat some cake.All Eyes on Me"People were staring at me as I was working out half-naked outside of my house because I was being shunned." John Comerci '16Interpretation: This website seems to be big on the idea of people dreaming in puns and different variations of words, so based on this, a dream about exercising would suggest that one needs to exercise one's rights more. Yay freedom of the press! Being out in the open with few clothes on could mean the subject feels very exposed in life, kind of like when a professor asks you a question while you were daydreaming and you start to panic. We've all been there.

Shoes, oh my God, Shoes. "I was driving a dune buggy in the desert, and then I got out and was wearing these really cute high-heeled boots." Amanda Socha GR'15Interpretation: Wearing high-heels means you want to stand tall and be proud. Unfortunately there were no references to dune buggies on the most reputable of the dream interpretation websites (if any can be called reputable), so I'll just say it probably means the subject simply wanted to try riding a dune buggy. Mystery solved.