What to Watch For

Vince Marriott: Once again, basketball season is upon us. While I'm not usually a huge fan of the sport at a professional level, the recent resurgence of the Philadelphia 76ers has me excited for what could happen this year. It hasn't been a great start so far, however, as my team currently sits at 1-1 with the lowest scoring average in the entire NBA. Even so, I'll be keeping a close eye on this squad as it looks to win its first championship since 1983. The beauty of the NBA season is that there are always good games to watch, but I'll definitely be watching when the Sixers take on the New Orleans Hornets on Wednesday on national television. (Wednesday, 8 p.m., ESPN)

Jonathan Gault: The Bears and Texans are looking pretty unstoppable right now as they prepare to play Sunday Night Football at Soldier Field. They're both 7-1, but combined, they're 14-0 against teams not named the "Green Bay Packers." Chicago lost to the Pack in Week 2 and since then has outscored foes by over 18 points per game. What's even scarier is that the team's defense has seven interception returns for touchdowns in eight games. I own the Bears defense in my fantasy league, and trust me they're really good. You could say the same thing about the Texans, though, who, led by Defensive Player of the Year candidate J.J. Watt, have again been formidable on D after ranking in the top four in the NFL in yards per game and points per game last season. The way these teams are playing, this could be a Super Bowl preview, so be sure to tune in. (Sunday, 8:20 p.m., NBC)

Dong Zhao: I have to admit, it's been a rough couple of years being a Philadelphia Eagles fan. All of the excitement Michael Vick brought to Eagles Nation with a spectacular 2010 season has been washed away by a string of crucial turnovers and a variety of injuries. Sitting at 3-4 following a blowout loss at home against the Falcons last weekend, the Eagles' game on Monday Night Football at the New Orleans Saints could very well be Michael Vick and head coach Andy Reid's last chance to resurrect their season and their careers. Can Vick dig in and deliver a vintage Michael Vick performance to save his and his coach's jobs, or will he crumble under pressure and choke away another big game? I really hope it's the former because otherwise, it will be a long winter break for me being at home in Philly. (Monday, 8:30 p.m., ESPN)