Assault case 'unfounded,' College says
Hanover Police has concluded its investigation regarding a Jan. 16 sexual assault, according to a campus-wide e-mail sent by Director of Safety and Security and College Proctor Harry Kinne on Thursday afternoon.
The incident was "unfounded" and there is no present risk to the Dartmouth community, Kinne wrote in the e-mail. The e-mail did not elaborate on the conclusion of the investigation, and did not specify whether a perpetrator had been identified and apprehended.
Police told the Union Leader that the incident never occurred. Hanover Police Chief Nicholas Giaccone declined to name the individual who filed the report but said it was a College student, the Union Leader reported.
A crime alert was initially issued to campus after a female student reported that an unidentified male entered her residence hall room, pushed her down and removed her pants, The Dartmouth previously reported.
The perpetrator fled the scene before Safety and Security and Hanover Police responded, The Dartmouth previously reported.