Women's soccer players honored

Annie Stanley '08 was named first-team All-Ivy after putting forth a tremendous defensive effort this season.

Stanley thought the All-Ivy selections adequately rewarded the Dartmouth women who had impressive seasons.

"Although our season may not have gone completely as planned or hoped, the team never let down and always fought with heart to the end, and I believe this is reflected in the All-Ivy picks," Stanley said.

Stanley has been a core contributor to the team since her freshman year. The senior started 57 of 67 games and has missed just one game in her career.

Head Coach Angie Hind was thrilled with the league's recognition of Stanley's talent and contribution to the Big Green program.

"I am delighted that Annie Stanley received first team All-Ivy as she has been outstanding throughout the season and indeed her four year career, in which she has played in all but one game in 67," Hind said. "She showed true leadership in her role as captain and was so consistent in her role at the heart of our defense."

Sack agreed with Coach Hind's comments regarding Stanley's honor.

"I think it's great that Annie's talent and contribution to the team was finally recognized and solidified by other coaches in the league," Sack said.

Hubbard also had a spectacular individual season, racking up three goals during the season, all of which occurred in league play, earning her a spot on the All-Ivy second team.

Coach Hind was very satisfied with Hubbard's season and selection.

"Similar to Annie, Ali Hubbard has been so consistent throughout the year and has been the driving force in our midfield," Hind said. "Despite being asked to play a mostly defensive role Ali stepped up to score 3 goals in league play. She deserves her second team Ivy recognition -- you simply won't find a more hard-working and committed athlete."

Goldstein agreed with Coach Hind about Hubbard's season.

"Ali had a great season and really dominated the center of the field," Goldstein said. "There were games when it seemed like she was at every side of the field at the same time."

Goldstein led the Big Green in scoring this season with five goals and ten total points. After a spectacular season, Coach Hind was a little disappointed that Goldstein did not earn further recognition than her honorable mention.

"Maggie, who scored 5 goals in total, all of which came from outside the penalty box, really came up with some big goals," Hind said. "I feel it was a little unfortunate that she wasn't recognized further."

Stanley agreed with Hind about Goldstein's play.

"Maggie did a really great job up front for us this year," Stanley said. "She really came through with some big time goals."

Helping shape the Big Green offense, Sack was also recognized with an honorable mention for a second consecutive year.

Coach Hind was pleased with Sack's season and her recognition in the league.

"Sack is one of the most creative players in the league and her work rate is tremendous," Hind said. "She is highly regarded across the league, and rightly so. She too had a good season."

Goldstein echoed her coach's sentiments and also cited Sack's creativity as a genuine asset to the Big Green offense.

"Myra had a great season as well," Goldstein said. "She creates so many of our opportunities and she constantly gives every ounce of energy that she has."

Next season certainly looks like a promising one for the Big Green with Hubbard, Goldstein and Sack all returning to the pitch for the team's 2008 campaign.