Entertainment News

After complaints from conservatives, CBS honcho Les Moonves is shelving the network's "The Reagans." It'll go in that big underground room where Dick Cheney is hiding.

Porn actress Mary Carey is one of three adult film stars hosting a new reality show "Can You Be a Pornstar?" Good news for Monica Lewinsky.

Oscar-winning actor Paul Newman made a "generous" donation to the southeast Kansas town of Franklin, hit hard by a tornado in May. A lifetime supply of salad dressing for all!

NBC is axing its heavily hyped new show "Coupling," due to poor ratings. A show about twentysomethings living in New York and having sex: how could such an original concept have failed?

Minnie Driver plans to spend time in a Cambodian sweatshop for a project she hopes will draw attention to the plight of exploited workers in poor countries, a newspaper reports. She's already purchased 17 pairs of Gucci sweatpants for the project.

Actor Ben Affleck has agreed to play the retired University of Texas at El Paso basketball coach Don Haskins in a movie about the 1966 Texas Western NCAA championship, according to his publicist. L'Oral is apparently not pleased with this new endeavor, fearing that all that running and jumping will "mess up his hair."

A man riding a Metro-North train dropped his cell phone in a toilet and got his arm stuck trying to retrieve it Thursday, forcing the train to stop and delaying the evening commute for thousands of people. This dramatic tale was sparked by the inevitable question: "Can you hear me now?"

A London television station said Friday it had shelved a reality show that set up six male contestants with what appeared to be a gorgeous woman but was actually a transsexual. The program, "Find Me A Man," challenged the contestants to woo a leggy South American brunette called Miriam. Only at the end of the show did the men learn that Miriam was a preoperative transsexual. And they make fun of Americans...